The University at Buffalo, State University of New York
The museum is located on the south campus of the University at Buffalo and contains
a large collection of items of historical significance to radiology and medical physics.
Some of the items date back to 1896 - less than a year after the discovery of x-rays
by Roentgen. A number are large like a portable WWII era military x-ray field unit,
and an upright stereoscopic x-ray film viewer (circa 1930) and many are smaller like
gas-filled x-ray tubes and hand-held fluoroscopes from the early 1900's. Also included
is a library containing some of the seminal literature of the field.
Our mission is to preserve this collection and to provide a venue for its exhibition for
the education and enlightenment of all who view it.
(c) The contents of this website including all photos, graphics, and text is the property of the University at Buffalo except when otherwise
protected and is not to be reproduced without written consent and acknowledgement of source.